When You Should Book Your Wedding Videographer?
If you recently got engaged and now struggling with the wedding planning process, you know how complicated and time-consuming it can be. Obviously, you have to plan every aspect of your big day thoroughly to make sure everything on that day goes smoothly without any problem.
For many couples, the most important decision right after deciding the wedding date and the venue is whom to shoot the wedding video? And one of the not-so-obvious questions regarding a wedding videographer is, “how far in advance of your wedding date should you book a videographer?”
Even though it can vary for different customs and locations, the average engagement is 12 to 18 months, so the average newly engaged couple books their videographer 9 to 18 months before the wedding day. But in this post, we dig down a little more in-depth into when you should book your wedding videographer. So let’s get straight to the point!
=>Average Timeline: 9 – 18 Months Before The Wedding
The most common wisdom on when to book your wedding videographer is around the same time as you book your wedding photographer. Typically, 9 – 18 months ahead of the wedding date is recommended for the better availability of the videographer that you want.
- Eighteen months – Most wedding videographers recommend booking them at least 12 to 15 months before the big day if you’re working with a professional wedding planner. However, if you’re planning your wedding yourself or have a popular wedding date, it is best to book your wedding videographer at least 18 months in advance.
- Twelve months – If you are having a wedding during the most popular time of year(typically late summer and early fall), at least 12 months in advance is when you should book your wedding videographer.
- Nine months – If you’ve fixed your wedding date during the winter months, you’ll be honoured with a little more flexibility, but still, you should be actively searching for your videographer. So, if this is your case, I would say nine months before the big day is acceptable.
=>Short Engagement: 6 months or less
If you have your wedding in 6 months or less, you should start looking at videographers ASAP. But don’t be discouraged if you receive responses from most companies that they are already booked on your date. Many professional wedding videographers will still have dates available in their wedding season under 6 months ahead of the big day.
=>Other Weddings: Elopement Weddings, Off-Season Weddings, and Weekday Weddings
You can usually secure your wedding videographer closer to the wedding date for these types of weddings, but still, the videographer should be your top priority vendor.
- Elopement Weddings – If you have planned a weekend elopement, many popular videographers have the rule to book them earliest. This is more familiar during the peak wedding seasons. But if it’s not a popular date or weekend elopement, in that case, I would suggest booking 3 to 4 months in advance. This makes the process of hiring the wedding videographer of your dreams a little easier!
- Off-Season Weddings – You can usually look for a videographer closer to your wedding date if you are getting married during the off-season. The off-season is the deep winter months (December, January, February, and march). Weddings are rare during these off-peak months, so many videographers will be available. I suggest booking at least 4 – 6 months before the wedding date because the off-season is a favored vacation time for most wedding videographers.
- Weekday Weddings – Friday or any weekday holiday is always a popular weekday for many couples to tie the knot. So, these can book up as quickly as some weekend weddings. However, if you are getting married between Monday-Thursday, I would suggest booking at least 3 – 6 months in advance. This allows you plenty of time to ensure that the wedding videographer whose work you like is available.
Although there is no hard and fast rule about booking your wedding videographer, you should still secure your preferred videographer much earlier than your wedding date. The main reason to book in advance is that the videographers with a better reputation and experience get booked earlier than others, so don’t wait more!
If you wish to find out our availability then get in touch with us now. We only ask for 10% booking deposit to secure the date.